Software Development Engineer
Strandum are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join an energetic development team and help shape the future of the Strandum HRMS suite of products.
Strandum is one of the fastest growing human resource management software (HRMS) companies in Ireland. Established in 2001 the company has grown from strength to strength across all corporate, commercial and industrial markets. Strandum continues to be a wholly Irish owned and managed company with headquarters in Blanchardstown Corporate Park Dublin 15.
Strandum design, develop and support a state-of-the-art Human Resource Management System, available both as an on-premise or cloud-based system. The Strandum HR solution comprises multiple dashboard driven software modules all with self-service and mobile access for both employees and managers.
Due to unprecedented growth in recent months and the continuing acquisition of marquee clients the company now needs to recruit an exceptionally talented individual to join its high energy, dynamic and ambitious Software Engineering team
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join a team of dynamic individuals where creativity, excellence and commitment to being the best is rewarded with an impressive remuneration package together with unparalleled fast-track personal growth and development plan.
- Develop at all levels of the software stack.
- Work as part of an agile development team.
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce technical documentation/specifications
- Follow company security-first development methodology
- Troubleshoot, debug and maintain existing software
Requirements and skills
- Minimum 3-5 years post-graduate experience and a diploma, degree or masters in a computer-related discipline or equivalent computer-related technical experience is required.
- A minimum of 2-5 years development experience in Java including J2EE technologies with Ajax experience in rich internet application development a distinct advantage.
- Ability to develop software in Java, Ruby on Rails, C++ or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Advanced Java experience with a high level certification (Oracle Certified Professional or equivalent)
- Spring Framework
- Java server side templating technologies (JSF, Primefaces)
- React Native mobile application development (IOS/Android)
- SQL Scripting (SQL Server specifically)
- Application Server Experience (e.g., Tomcat)
- Experience of developing large scale client server enterprise applications would be a strong advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Detail oriented, results focused, self-motivated individual willing to take ownership of the work they produce.
- Experience using build tools such as Ant/Maven and automated build tools such as Jenkins/Gitlab CI.
- Windows server and Linux administrator experience, Window Server 2008-2012 and Amazon Linux.
- Eclipse IDE
- Version Control such as GIT and Subversion
What you can expect from Strandum:
- A higher than average salary with bonuses and benefits.
- Flexible working arrangements
- A positive, professional and fun work environment.
- Recognition and appreciation for efforts and results.
- Respect and equality in all things.
- Variety and new challenges daily in your role.
- Proud to be part of a great team who will always have your back, will support you and be with you through all the good days and the occasional stressful ones.
Strandum are an equal opportunities employer who works directly with employees to achieve the optimum work-life balance through innovative and flexible working arrangements.
Please email you CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org